Friday, October 1, 2010

Craft Project

I've been itching to begin a new craft project and found some wonderful inspiration on Etsy. I've been couponing to get the best deals on my supplies and I was finally able to get the time this evening to begin.



So, the pictures aren't great but you get the general idea. These two little hair clips will be going to a friend who just hand her second baby girl. The Heart & Dots hair clip is for her older daughter (can't send a gift without including a sibling gift!), and the little one with the floral print and button is for the baby.


I haven't worked out yet what method is best to keep the baby barrette in place. I've heard that using Kyro (sp?) syrup works, but I'm leaning toward using a fine velcro.

I have some other great ideas that I'd like to try to replicate. Hopefully more to come! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! How did you make them? Sienna goes through so many of these and etsy is taking all my money, I really need to start making them myself. I just ordered a sewing machine and my mom is gonna teach me how to make some simple things this week, 'cause those cute etsy dresses are sending me to the po' house! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These two are actually for your girls! On how I made them, I actually just scoured through Etsy and found several designs that I liked and then started working with some fabrics to see what I could do and voila! :)

    So excited for you that you're getting a sewing machine. I really want one and have hopes of doing the same thing. I'd love to make some cute simple cloths and maybe even have my own Etsy store online someday. :)

    ReplyDelete