Saturday, October 9, 2010

Calling All My Crafting Friends!

I need opinions... I'm looking at either asking for Christmas (or if I can't wait that long, purchasing) a die cutting/embossing machine. You've seen my first two felt hair clip craft projects and as I learn more and find more resources I also find more gadgets that I'd like to get. :o)

Anyway, I think I've narrowed the choices down to one of the following...

Slice Electronic Design Cutter (starter & hands free kits)


Now I really, REALLY, like this die cutter/embosser, but I'm a little hung up over the price and wondering how well it will work with fabrics such as felt. Hmm?? Additionally, the manufacturer recommends using an adhesive spray glue to hold the material in place while the machine works and I wonder if this glue leaves any sort of residue.

The second cutter/embosser that I am looking at is the Sizzix Big Shot Machine.
This machine is considerably less than the other one and it doesn't require any sort of glue spray. What it does require, for my purposes at least, are individual embossing envelops (i.e. patter plates) and die cutters. This means that I have to buy each one separately. Hmm?

I would love to hear your thoughts if you have either of these machines, or any other die cutter/embosser that you love! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment