Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wesley's Super Space Hero Outfit

I'm not the most gaga person for Halloween but I'm embracing the fun of the holiday by creating a super hero cape and mask for Wesley. I did this for two reasons, first because I wanted to make something for Wesley instead of just buying a crappy costume, and secondly because I wanted him to be able to play with it and be creative after the 31st of the month. So my solution was to sew him a cape and mask. Jo-Ann's, my master crafting buddy, was having a great sale on flannel prints so I got a yard of space creatures and then a yard of satin, and voila, one super hero cape. :) The mask was made from two pieces of contrasting felt that I had around the house and an elastic headband repurposed. Again, voila. Easy enough, eh!?

It was so sweet to see him play with them this morning school. My growing baby boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment