Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting Connected


It has been very difficult to find the time to make phone calls, visit different groups, check out some of the local birth centers, etc. with Mr. W on my hands all day. But this week I finally got away on Tuesday evening and attended one of the few remaining Houston B.I.R.T.H. Fair preparation meetings. The 9th annual fair is scheduled for Saturday, October 2nd and will feature discussions on vaccines, pregnancy nutrition, breastfeeding, schooling choices, doulas, babywearing, waterbirth and more, and will be showing The Business of Being Born. In addition to the Fair, B.I.R.T.H. is also organizing four performances of the play Birth.

I'm so excited that we arrived in Houston in time for this, I can't tell you!!!! I'm already committed to volunteering at two of the four performances of Birth and I'll be working at the Greater Houston Doula Association's vendor booth at the Fair! Yeay, so much fun to come and I'm so excited to be meeting my new tribe in our new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment